Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reverb 10: Wisdom

December 10 Wisdom


What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

The wisest decision I made this year was to give up french fries. How did it play out?

Awesome.

Until I decided that I was doing really well, so I could have them once in a while.

Ha.

But I think making the decision in the first place was symbolic of my admitting to myself that I can't eat certain foods. They're my emotional foods. I go to them when I'm upset, and I'm such an intense kind of upset that I can't stop eating them. I really ought to give up those Lofthouse frosted sugar cookies, too, but I don't know if I'm that strong!

As soon as Christmas is over Scott and I are hitting the diet hard. We're going to have to work very hard, together, to make sure we don't fall into bad patterns again. We need to come to terms with the fact that our metabolisms just don't support eating crappy junk food. And frankly, with the diseases that run in Scott's family (heart disease and diabetes) we need to get healthy, or else.

So my next wise decision, for 2011?

Actually stick to it this time.

No comments: