Monday, December 27, 2010

Reverb 10: Photo

December 25 Photo


Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

I have two for you. Bonus!

First up is one I shot myself. I was working on Mim's blanket at work, and I took this picture to send to her to get her excited about it (she was!). This is me, and who I strive to be, because my hand is there, and I AM my hands. My hands make me a very good living (and they take a beating in the process...). I also do everything I enjoy with my hands. Making things soothes me. It's fun. It's a great creative outlet, and I find I can focus better if my hands are moving. Back when I used to go to church I would always bring a small project to work on so I could focus on the meetings. If I didn't my attention would wander.


Next is a picture Scott took of me in our house while we were working on something or other, and this personifies me because I AM CLUMSY and for someone who works with her hands (see above), I'm not all that dexterous. Supergluing the superglue to my fingers is the least of my worries.

1 comment:

magnolia said...

i have so superglued the tube to my hands. that happened.

and that is completely impressive crocheting!