Monday, December 13, 2010

Reverb 10: Action

December 13 Action


When it comes to aspirations, it's not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What is your next step?

I suppose this question wants to know what my process is: how I go from idea to MAGIC.

I like making lists and spreadsheets and pro/con lists. I mean really like.

For Mim's blanket, when I wanted to expand it, I decided to make four of the original pattern and then connect them, but I didn't want all four to be the same. SO, I made a spreadsheet, listing each square and what colors make up each round, then making three more columns in which I rotated the colors by one for each new square.

Yep. I'm a freak.

But organization makes me so happy.

I always make a plan, put it on paper, planning each step and what I need to have ready to be able to complete that step, then do it in order (as much as possible), crossing off items off my list as I go.

It takes a few extra minutes (or hours...I make really good spreadsheets!) in the beginning but saves a ton of guesswork and planning throughout the whole process.

No comments: