Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Slither

I FINALLY finished Em's birthday present. It only took me 3 months...or was it 4? They were more or less done for the longest time. All they needed were the ends woven in and the buttons sewn on. And it took me all of an hour to do, it was just so annoying, which was why I was dreading it and putting it off for so long. I was going down this past weekend to see my family though, so I needed to get them finished because who knows how long it will be before I go down there again?

Anyway. So here they are, in all their glory:

On the beautiful Em:
They fit well on the hands and arms, but above the elbow they turned out to be too baggy. I am hating myself for this, but they're done and already gifted and there's nothing I can do about it. I need to accept that some things are in the past and beyond my control. Still, my eye twitches when I look at this picture.

Close up of the super awesome buttons I found on eBay:
On my hand/arm:
Laid out:
They really were fun to knit, once I figured out the right instructions.

And now, looking at that picture up there, I realize that Buster has bones and toys all over the floor and it makes the house look messy when it isn't. Just so you know.

No comments: