Friday, May 14, 2010

Deck Party, Part 1

So this past weekend (May 7-9) we started to build our deck. We were hoping to get it all done this past weekend, and we thought that was a good, achievable goal, since Mim and Scott's friend Ben were both coming to help us. Four people in one weekend? Totally doable, right?


Friday morning I woke up with a sore throat, and thought nothing of it, assuming it was just allergies (and that happens all the time, so no red flags). Friday afternoon I started to get a bit stuffy in the nose area and by Friday night I was starting to get body aches. YAY FOR GETTING A COLD. Perfect freaking timing.

So that put our deck building team at three people, which is probably still doable, right? We'll see about that.

So Friday night Mim came up to our house and we got everything prepped and ready for when the real work started in the morning. Here's Scott and Mim making a sawhorse:

Scott had stayed home that day to accept delivery of the decking stuff we ordered, so after it came he got started building the ledger, and when I got home it was pretty much done.

We also got out all the tools, and Scott was excited to use his new 18V kit, and you can also see the boxes and boxes and boxes of nails and screws we got:

Anyway, so Friday night was Part 1. This is turning out to be quite a large project, so there will be several posts over the next few weeks, spreading out the story into more easily digestible bits


magnolia said...

oh yeah. you always get the cold at the best possible time (heh). this year, i got a 101-degree fever and a full-on head cold two days before exams started. fuuuuun. hope you're feeling better now!

Kim said...

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Anna W said...

@magnolia I know, it has always happened to me. It's like the universe and my immune system got together and asked themselves, "How can we screw it up this time?"

@Kim ME TOO! I'm really excited, and so impatient, since it was supposed to be done already!