Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Freaking Quit

I love my job.

Most of the time.

Today and yesterday I have just really had it with everything, though. Both of my instruments give me crap on a daily basis now and for CRYING OUT LOUD it's not my fault. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. I shouldn't have to take them apart and fight with them for TWO HOURS every day just to get them to work, and then get results that I don't really trust.

And then people have the nerve to freak out and ask where the results are. Seriously, do they honestly think I am sitting around, doing nothing? When you ask for results ASAP I am already doing it. If it isn't done yet, there's probably a reeeeally good reason.

I almost cried several times over the past two days and I am so frustrated that I wanted to quit and find another job. It's THAT bad. But, I need this job, and I am just trapped so I will continue to go to work in the morning and stress out the entire day and come home and not have the energy or willpower to do anything at all.

Then there's the added stress of having other people living with us (not that we don't like them, it's just that it's a change and we all know how changes stress me out). Also, we are getting our mortgage stuff ready and it's stressing Scott out and when Scott stresses I stress. Also I am having a bad self-esteem week and I feel horrible and my feet hurt and I haven't been sleeping well (but I just took Nyquil so hopefully I will be able to sleep better tonight...we'll see).

WHOOOO. Ok, pity party over.

So I am THIS close to finishing the back piece of my sweater. I had to frog a few times because of stupid mistakes and also because the pattern had a TYPO. Fortunately I can add and I figured it out on the second pass. Either way, I learned my lesson early and placed lifelines every 20 rows or so just in case, and they came in handy twice so I am glad I did it. This sweater isn't using nearly as much yarn as I thought...actually will probably use less than half so maybe I will make a matching one for Mim! That wouldn't be dorky at all...

We are planning on having a giant garage sale on Saturday. We have been going through all the crap in our whole house (you know, when we moved into this house we had about enough stuff to fill up about a third of it and now our stuff has multiplied and replenished the spare rooms and we're stuffed to the brim now. WHERE DID IT ALL COME FROM??) and Allene is going through all her and her son's stuff too, and Kwiddens might come and bring her crap and Mim said she would come too but we'll see about that.

I went to the store today to get stuff for the sale (stickers, posterboard, etc.) and HOLY CRAP LET ME GO ON A WAL-MART RANT:
I love Wal-Mart. It's probably my favorite store. Now, I know this is not exactly "classy" and I know it's definitely not politically correct, but there are reasons.
1. It's like a mile from my house.
2. It has everything. Even knitting needles.
3. It's all so affordable.
4. It always has everything I need in one place so I almost never have to go to any other store, except when I want hearts of palm and I can only find those at Target. Stupid Target.
5. I go there out of habit.
6. Ours is so much cleaner than any others I've ever been to.
7. I'm sure there are more, but I'm upset and beginning to feel the Nyquil so I can't think of any more.
But here's the deal: they're renovating. EVERY STINKING TIME I GO I START HYPERVENTILATING. They MOVED everything around and so I don't know where anything is, and neither does anyone else, so everyone takes longer to shop and doesn't know where they're going and have you ever been in a store where people don't know where they're going? It's awful, let me tell you. So it's super crowded and everyone is pushing the carts around like absolute MORONS and I hate stupid people and I hate being confused so when you put the two together, it's like presto, PANIC ATTACK.

Stupid Wal-Mart.

No comments: