Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dear Scott...

Dear Scott,

Today is our four year anniversary. Four wonderful years ago today, I looked at you and smiled while I said, "I do". I still do! You're awesome! I'm so happy to be with you.

Scott, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. You light up my life. You're so sweet, always thinking of me and how you can make my life better. You know exactly what makes me me and how to deal with it when I'm being silly (read: unreasonable, stubborn, bratty, snippy, etc.). You never make me feel bad about myself, my opinions, or anything I do. You're always supportive and you want me to be happy more than anything in the world. I want you to be happy, too, more than everything ever.

You share laughter with me, and sometimes sadness, but I love you no matter how I'm feeling (which is good, you know, because my emotions tend to go a little nuts every now and again...). I find every new day exciting and fun, as long as I'm with you.

How did I get so lucky? Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve someone as amazing as you are. You really are something special, and I hope you know that. You're the best person I know, and you make me want to be a better person. That's pretty magical.

Thank you for all you do for me, and for listening to me, and loving me, and cherishing the moments we spend together (even when we're just going grocery shopping or something).

Last night I asked you what you wanted to do today. "Same thing we do every night, Pinky!", you said. That made me smile. But let's go out to dinner, ok? Maybe I'll even put on makeup.

Love always,
Anna

2 comments:

magnolia said...

awwww! happy anniversary! have the best day. :)

Kim said...

:) Awesome letter.