21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Giver for sure. I love giving people my time, gifts, money, anything to help my loved ones be happy and healthy.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I try to. It's hard sometimes when you're so hard-wired to think a certain way, though. I find that the older I get, the more open-minded I become, and the more liberal, too. Don't tell my parents.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Getting a tattoo on my wrist hurt pretty badly. Carpal tunnel hurt pretty badly before I got surgeried.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
If anyone wants to know this specifically, they can ask, but it's too personal for here (for now, at least).
25. Who have you hugged today?
My amazing husband! I think. I'll hug him later for sure.
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
Scott knew I was feeling terrible today from not getting any freaking sleep last night so he made me dinner. It consisted of pouring some Kashi into a bowl and adding milk, but now I know he loves me and doesn't want me to starve.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A. I'd love to be able to play either the acoustic guitar (so I can finally steal Mim's Ibanez) or else learn to play the piano again.
B. I'd love to be able to speak another language. Probably Spanish, since so many people around here speak it, and I used to know the language pretty well, but it turns out, once you stop studying it and using it completely, it kinda just leaves your brain.
C. COOK AMAZING DELICIOUS CALORIE-FREE THINGS!
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
WOW, that's a tough one. I mean, how people make me feel is a direct result of what they do and say. I do have a very good memory for remembering what people say, I suppose.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Complete trust, communication about everything, and having your own, individual hobbies and alone time.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A. Design and build my very own home for us to live in, not just a flip.
B. Get to a normal body weight permanently.
C. Get back to South Dakota and see old friends.
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A. I think this question is silly.
B. The point of living is to not die.
C. So if there's something I don't want to do, I'll just not do it.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
Spreading awareness about the realities of mental illness.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
40's: Pinup girls
50's: I have no idea
60's: The moon
70's: Hair bands
80's: Big hair
90's: Being a kid
2010's (so far): Marriage
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why? Um...the 2000's, I think. my schooling, then my marriage in 2007, were essential in forming me into what I am today.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song? Um, I suppose "More Than A Feeling" by Boston. I just love it for no particular reason.
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
Thank you for trying to create positive change. You're a breath of fresh air.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
If I can't sleep I usually surf the internet instead of watching TV. There's nothing on, you know?
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
Gaston, because I'm so vain. Just kidding. I have no idea.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
No. Mim was anti-Girl Scouts because they weren't anti-gay. Sad, I know. Mim and I are the same a lot of the time, but this is one thing about which we have completely opposite opinions.