- So I've been trying to be more of an adult-a responsible adult-with my eating. Starting this morning. Today went GREAT! For dinner I mixed peas and corn and a bit of butter and it was so delicious that I'm thinking of making more.
- I also went to the gym today. I got there and two treadmills were out of order and all the rest were being used, except the one that clicks, which drives me, and everyone around me, insane. So, I decided to use the recumbent bike. WOW. I hadn't done that one in a while, and I forgot how different of a workout it is! My butt hurts. A lot. But it's the good kind of pain: the kind where you know you burned a lot of calories and you know that eventually the same workout won't hurt at all.
- It's been decently warm lately, but today I got home and it was snowing a bit, and I felt disproportionately cold. Even after I took a hot shower I just felt chilled to the bone. My thermostat is set three degrees above where it normally is, and I'm still shivering.
- Scott wants to get more exercise, so he went out and bought some rollerblades. He also wants Buster to get some exercise, so he brought Buster along with him yesterday (when it was nice and warm outside). At first Buster pulled Scott behind him, and I watched them head down the street, and Buster was pulling so hard that Scott totally tipped over. Sad. Funny, though! Anyway, Buster alternated between being confused and scared of the rollerblades and being really excited and pulling.
- Drama, drama, drama, and now Kwiddens has her own apartment. I'll expand on this later.
- This past weekend I ate pretty badly. It's frustrating because I alternate between wanting to be healthy and not caring. I enjoy food. It's one of my favorite things. If only my favorites were celery and rice cakes...
- There's a new full-time employee in the micro lab. She seems very nice.
- Today at work I finished everything on the gorgeous knee sock except grafting the toe and weaving in the ends. I'm wearing it right now. It's a perfect fit and it's made of wool, bamboo, and silk, so it's like wearing clouds.
- I've got a serious hankering for some kind of chocolate/peanut butter concoction.
Monday, February 7, 2011
Mixed Veggies, Mixed Thoughts
at 8:43 PM