1. Why did you start blogging?I had a blog in college, and a lot of my friends did, too, so it was a nice community thing where I could keep up with all my friends, mostly from high school. There was a dramatic incident which I shall not go into now and I stopped blogging, and it was three years before I took it up again. I missed having a place to just write whatever. What I think, what I feel, things that happen, general complaints...I like being able to share with other people, whether I know them or not.
2. Who's the one blog friend that you would want to meet most in "real life"?
PCL. She's freaking hilarious, and very witty, too.
3. Why are you always concerned with losing that "extra 10 pounds" when chances are your husband/boyfriend/friends tell you that you look just fine the way you are? I know Scott is fine with how I look. But I want to feel beautiful. I deserve to feel beautiful. Every woman does. Plus, my doc told me to lose the weight. I'm 30 pounds down, about 20 to go. And this exercising every day thing is definitely gonna help.
4. What's the one thing you wish guys could understand about you?
I'm not like the rest. I'm so mellow. As long as I haven't missed any pills.
5. Tattoos. How many do you have and how many are visible when you wear your "everyday" clothes?
Just the one. I didn't say anything, but I got it in January and I love it. It's on the inside of my left wrist and it reminds me every day to just chill the hell out, reminds me that if I just sit down and breathe I will be able to handle whatever crap life throws at me.
So, obviously, it is visible when I wear my "everyday" clothes, but if I ever need to look more "polished" I can wear a bracelet or watch and it won't show at all. (By the way, it was the most painful thing I've ever been through.)
6. What was the best year of your life and why?
I think I have to say my last year of college. I had Scott, but I was still single and living with my best friend. I was taking all chemistry classes (none of that other junk...) and I wasn't wasting my time in church (I don't mean to imply that church is a waste of time...it just was for me at that time)(really, that's a topic for another day). I had the best jobs ever(Lecture Prep supervisor, Student Instructor for o-chem lab, o-chem stockroom assistant, private tutor) and I was in Y-Chem so I was doing chem demos at elementary schools almost every week and I was making way more money than I needed and totally living it up. I'm not saying that my life isn't good now; on the contrary, I'm so happy with my situation I can't believe it sometimes. But back then, I was...me. For the first time.
7. Name three things you would do if you were a man for one day.
1. I don't want to be a man, 2. That would suck, and 3. Being married to my Scott would be illegal because I'm in Utah.
8. What's your alcoholic drink of choice that usually raises a few eyebrows?
I like fruit flavored beer and strawberry daiquiris, and that's about it, and those aren't weird or anything, so no eyebrows over here.
And whoever knows the reference in the title of this post gets ten awesome points. To be redeemed for...maternity socks, because I know who will know.