Monday, April 19, 2010

So Slow...

I feel like nothing is going on, but that's not completely true...it just seems like the same things are just still happening and taking their sweet time to do it.

For example, Scott is still working on getting the car prepped to paint. He's pretty sure that he'll be ready for it this coming weekend, so I'm going down to Mim's so I don't have to sit around and smell the fumes. Although that might actually be fun, after I get over the lightheadedness... Either way it just seems like this stage has been going on for soooo looong, but Scott is back to full time now at work and we have so many other things going on, so really he's going along at a fast pace.

Another thing is the renovation. Our next phase is the back door and the deck. We've gone to Home Depot and planned and prepared our order, and we were going to buy it soon but it turns out if we wait until May 1 there's an extra discount on the decking, and we need it since we're going with the nice stuff. So we're waiting until then, and in the meantime we're still waiting on our building permit...we put in the rest of our plans last week and we're impatient for it to be approved.

I've also been dragging my feet on the baby blanket for Kwiddens...it has been all done except weaving the ends for months now...I think...anyway, I hate weaving in ends so I kept putting it off, and now here I am, with her baby shower this coming Saturday, and I have all these ends to weave in...I worked on it tonight for about an hour and a half, and I think if I do that every night this week I can have it done by Thursday night. After that, Kwiddens asked me to make her socks to wear to the hospital when she goes into labor, but frankly, I'm all socked out, so I think I'm going to ask her if I can make them later just as a regular present for no specific occasion...

Because: I found a pattern for a blanket that I really really really want to make, and I caved and ordered the yarn for it, and it should be here any day...oh I'm bad.

But, things are getting done. This past weekend Scott and I did yard work, organized and cleaned the spare room, which is the car parts room for now, and did some spring cleaning inside the house.

I know things will get going soon, but I'm just so impatient!

Plus, there were leftover lemon poppyseed muffins in my coworker's office today and they were very tempting. I've also been craving chocolate, which is weird, because that's never been a craving I've had on a regular basis, but I blame the hCG.

3 comments:

magnolia said...

i feel your pain on the putting things off score. i was forced to use studying classes i like as a way to put off studying for the class i hate, which sadly is my first exam (in 6 days - aack!). but i've run out of material to study for those classes; i have to face the music today. sigh...

Anna W said...

Oh, I hated that feeling...I must be a glutton for misery because I actually miss being in school and having homework and finals...of course it's easy to miss it when you know you won't have to experience it again! Either way, at least you'll do super well in the classes you like!

Kim said...

I kind of feel the same way you do--everything is in a holding pattern.