Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Party Buster. And Party. And Buster.

So this weekend we had my birthday party. We also had Buster groomed, which turned out to be a party buster. More about that in a second.

So I still need to get my paperwork out for the concealed carry. I had the class so the only thing left is to fill out the papers and send them in and then within two months I'll have the permit. Driving to Mim's will feel much safer since I drive through all parts of Salt Lake, including the bad ones, and past the prison, so if my car breaks down or something I won't feel totally unsafe while I wait for someone to rescue me. Hopefully by the time the permit comes my gun will be in...I called the other day to check to see if I had fallen through the cracks or if the shipment really hadn't come in yet and they told me they weren't even estimating time for customers any more because there was so much demand right now. We haven't even been able to get ammo for the Walther at Wal-Mart...that's how bad it is.

So my yarn is scheduled to come in on Friday! I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to get yarn for this great sweater I have planned, but they didn't have the same dye lot for the yarn I wanted, and they were out of almost everything, so it was a very disappointing trip. The sweater I want to make has this stitch that I just learned:It's really pretty and has a good thickness and stretch to it, so I think working it into a sweater pattern will be adorable.

So I got a few presents for my birthday. Scott got me a lot of girlie movies I had wanted and I've watched almost all of them. Mim and Em and Jorg got me some candles and lotion and bath things what are cherry blossom and vanilla scented. I took a bath last night with them and it was so relaxing :) Scott's parents got me a set of pearl earrings that will match my pearl necklace perfectly: The necklace used to be Scott's grandma's and I inherited it when she was cleaning out her old storage unit.

Anyway, so onto the party...yeah. I had dropped Buster off at Petsmart Saturday to get a bath and have his fur trimmed since it's coming up on Spring and it's getting warm (except for this stupid coldness with the snow nast). When I dropped him off I asked for them to trim his fur down so it would be 1.5" long all over. I then went home and got everything ready for the family to come over. They got here and we started to talk and have fun and I opened presents and then Scott got a call from work and almost had to go to Idaho (he didn't end up going until yesterday, thank goodness) so he was going to go get Buster and then leave. He came home and when he got there and Buster walked in he looked awful! They SHAVED him except on his head and his tail, and he looked so STUPID. Even if that had been what I wanted they did a horrible job, since there were tufts of long hair all over and they didn't even cut his toenails and they cut skin off in a few places and hurt him and when I saw him I started crying because I was so sad and mad at the pet store. So Scott turned around and went back and demanded our money back (they had said when I dropped him off it would be $50 but they charged us $70-jerks).
So I called around and tried to find someone who could fix his hair on Sunday but everyone was full, so I had to settle for an appointment yesterday afternoon. Thankfully these guys knew what they were doing and fixed him the best they could and only charged me $30. So, I went from a beautiful fluffy dog: to this: in two days. Boo. I guess it'll grow, but I'm still mad. Scott was an absolute angel about it though, he really was my knight in shining armor. And after we were all calmed down on Saturday he made a mohawk with his freak hair and put a glow necklace on him and sent me a picture and it made me smile :) See, they even shaved his nose, which is just bizarre!

So anyway, once I was calmed down the party got started. We grilled and had cheesecake (low-carb, of course, I have to be able to eat my own birthday cake!) and played Faces and Phase 10 and Uno and watched Scrubs and Scott and Jorgen went downstairs to the "Man Cave" and played computer games while the girls crocheted and surfed the internet. Basically, it was a low key event where everyone did whatever they felt like and we all had fun. We went to bed too late and slept in too late in the morning, and Scott made us all french toast and bacon for breakfast and around 1:00 everyone went home. Good party. Except the whole Buster incident.

Anyway, this phase of the diet is so much more enjoyable, since there is such a variety of foods I can eat. Yesterday I made myself this casserole for dinner: Very colorful! Sausage and broccoli and cheese and yes, that is a Spongebob plate. Because I'm cool. I'm planning on having a huge steak tonight for dinner. Happy Day.

1 comment:

Andrea and Roland Miguel said...

so i felt bad but buster hair cut looked really funny when he first came back. poor dog. happy belated birthday by the way. it looks like you had a fun day. you are awesome by the way!