1. Monday Kwiddens came over and we baked. We made mini chocolate chip cookies for Scott and Jorg, and coffee cream puffs for ourselves. The cream puffs were a smashing success. We ended up with about twice as much coffee-flavored whipped cream as we needed, and now it's sitting in my fridge and I don't have any idea what to do with it.
2. I'm amazed that the baking worked out well because I had some trouble with the damn oven last week. I had bought some cookie dough and was making mini chocolate chip cookies for Scott (I know, twice in one week, so sue me). The instructions said to bake them for nine or ten minutes, so I put them in for eight and checked on them, and they were BURNT. So, I put some more in, this time for six minutes, and then I went to check on them and they were BURNT. So, I put the rest in, for five minutes, and when I checked on them, they weren't cooked AT ALL. Oven gremlins?
3. I've been having so much fun with my knitting group. The original plan was to meet twice a month, but we're all loving it so much that we've been meeting every week. It's motivating me to actually work on projects, too! I had gone through a two or three month knitting dry spell, but now I'm back into it and loving it. It's fun and satisfying to see what everyone else is making and squish their yarn.
4. Work has been crazy. Yesterday I walked in and there were seven samples, so I thought "AWESOME, short day, and then I can go home and take a nap!" Um, no. Coworker called me a few minutes later and asked if I could run 150 samples for another company. Ha! I rushed as much as I could to get regular stuff done so that when those samples arrived I would be ready to go. They never came, but ironically people kept bringing me more and more work and I ended up staying for more than eight hours anyway. We'll see how things go today...
5. Scott mentioned french fries last night while we were talking and that's all I've been able to think about all day.