Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tag: Snakes And Schnapps

magnolia tagged me, and I love being tagged. All I have to do is list seven random things about myself and then tag some other bloggers to do the same. So here's my tag: if you want to do it, do it. If not, I don't care.

My list!

1. In the dream I had last night Scott and I were at the pet store, which for some reason also happened to be the liquor store. We were visiting our pet snake (apparently we owned the snake but kept it at the shop for some reason) and we were feeding it. First we gave it two baby rats (which, in the real world, would have been plenty) ( I used to have lots of pet snakes, so I would know). After it ate the rats we gave it a guinea pig, which a boa constrictor could have gotten down, but not our snake (too little). But somehow it ate it anyway, so we decided to feed it a King Cobra, but we didn't want it to have to fight and get hurt, so I was going to reach in really quickly and cut off the Cobra's head with one of my really super sharp kitchen knives, but all I could find was my crappy knives, so I had to whack the Cobra with a spoon really hard to get it to pass out before I cut it into tiny little pieces and fed it to our snake.

At that point the pet store portion of the dream was over and we moved on to the liquor store portion of the dream. I was wandering around the store deciding what I wanted and a guy was offering free samples, so I tasted this amazing peach mango schnapps sort of thing, and I loved it so much I bought a bottle, and stuck it in my pants pocket (I was wearing those giant pants with the giant pockets that were so en vogue in the 90s), but I wanted more flavors so I was walking around trying to decide what I wanted and I came across a counter that had snacks as well as booze, and there were these amazing looking crab-stuffed mushrooms, and I was going to get one but it was $11 so I decided not to.

At this point my alarm clock went off for me to get out of bed this morning but I kept hitting snooze to see if I were going to pick another flavor or not but I didn't and finally it was 6:35 and I really needed to get going so I gave up.

2. The switch to new birth control has been...interesting. I'm having some crazy intense cravings and I still feel like I'm not always in control of my moods. I feel like I've been kind of a jerk, even at work, and I'm worrying that someone is going to notice and fire me for being a jerk and I really love my job so I really hoping I'm not being as mean as I think I am. That being said, I've been trying to just keep my mouth shut so I don't say anything stupid that I don't really mean. Do you ever notice that when you're in a bad mood it's so easy to think badly of everyone around you, even though you don't normally feel that way? I feel like that, and I feel like my filter is malfunctioning so the things that would normally stay inside my head are actually coming out of my mouth sometimes and I am a jerk and deserve something bad.

3. Buster likes playing prairie dog in the almost-finished den:


For the moment we have the treadmill and extra TV set up in there so Scott can exercise. When we're ready we'll move stuff from the basement up to this room to store while we start construction down there. The den hasn't turned out perfectly, but it's definitely a huge improvement and will be a nice, cozy room when we're all finished.

4. Kwiddens is going to come over this weekend and we have spa appointments and we're going to do fun girly things and just relax and eat treats and watch movies and play with Nyah and such. We don't get to see each other nearly as often as we'd like, since we live 40ish miles apart and she has a baby. Babies infinitely complicate travel plans, did you know?

5. I've been working on the gorgeous, complicated socks for a while now and I had to stop because my pinky went numb, but the feeling came back after about a day. So I started back up on them, and now my pinky has been numb again, for two days this time, and I'm a little worried. I'm hoping that my pinky is just swelling and it's pressing on the nerve. But if there were actually a problem, there's probably nothing a doctor could even do about it. I'm contemplating the ramifications of spending the rest of my life with a numb pinky. I'll let you know what I decide.

6. I've felt really binge-ey lately, but I'm not depressed or anything. Usually I want to eat when I'm upset, but I'm perfectly happy for the moment. I'm pretty much at my baseline. There's probably something going on inside my head that hasn't surfaced yet, and chances are, talking with Kwiddens this coming weekend will pull it out, and then we can sort through it together. Kwiddens is very useful for things like that.

7. Work is fine lately. Fine and easy. Things are so smooth that even when there are problems, it's no problem. I like it like this. Unfortunately, this usually happens when I'm bored. Fortunately, the end of the month is coming up and I'll be loaded up on outside testing to get things closed out before February. I'd much rather be busy and have the day fly by!

So there are my seven things. I suppose it was supposed to be seven facts, but I cheated, and now it's a catch-up post with a bonus Buster picture, so I killed two birds with one stone. Thanks, magnolia, I think you're a stylish blogger, too!

2 comments:

Kim said...

BUSTER SIGHTING!!!!

I've had the pinky going numb thing while playing Tetris on my DS lately. I can't imagine it's much different from knitting-numbness. It sucks!

magnolia said...

re: #3 - when i'm down, not only do i get judgmental and snappish, but paranoid. i think badly of people around me, and i also become convinced - CONVINCED - that they all think badly of me.

fun, eh?