Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Haunted

So Scott and I have a friend whose boyfriend is breaking promises and being secretive about inappropriate liasons with ex-girlfriends. We really care about her and her happiness, so while she looks for a new place, Scott and I are going to let her have the downstairs bedroom and the basement for her and her son to stay for a while. We started clearing the rooms out (we were using them for storage, mostly) and over the next few days she will bring things over and get things set up and today she left a note for her BF explaining what was wrong and that she was moving. So when she gets home tonight she will have to face that music.

I feel sad that she is sad, but mostly I am proud of her for moving on in her life and taking steps to make herself happier. I think this will be fun, too. It will be temporary, so for a little while I will have a friend around to talk to and hang out with. Fun! It will be a little bit challenging, though, because she has an 8 year old son who will also be living here. I've met him and he seems to be okay. It has been a long time since I lived with any kids, but I think I will get used to it quickly.


The other day I had an awful time trying to get the furnace to work, so I ordered a new part I thought I might need. It was supposed to come Friday, so I was thinking that I just needed to tweak it every day until then to get it to run without the new part. Well, it came today, and I was excited because I would be able to fix it and I shouldn't have any more problems. SO OF COURSE, TODAY WHEN I HAD THE PART IT WORKED PERFECTLY ALL BY ITSELF.


Stupid thing's haunted, I swear.


So tomorrow the electrician is going to come over and FINALLY fix the swamp cooler (for real this time (hopefully)). Then, next Thursday, another guy will come over and install a new furnace and new central air conditioning. Woohoo! Now here's the cool part: the landlord says he will pay half. So we'll only end up paying around $2000.00 for the whole thing, which is an awesome investment. It raises the value of the house and we only pay half for it.


Buster: Soooooooooooooooo worn out.

No comments: