Our kitchen was already messy just from moving things out of the way so we could pull sub floor up, but it was only going to get messier.
We needed to pull out some of the cabinets so we could patch some holes in the drywall and move electrical outlets.
Here's the beginning of the new wall (which, funnily enough, ended up only a few inches from where the old wall was...) (but we still would have had to demo the old wall anyway to get it to the right height and get the electrical stuff in the right places).
Scott did all the wiring himself, saving us hundreds of dollars compared to having an electrician do it. Scott never ceases to amaze me with the amount of things he can do around the house!
We started drywalling over the old back door:
Screwing dry wall on to the new wall:
The ceremonial last piece of drywall (well, on the new wall, anyway):
Putting on the first layer of mud:
Here's the end product (well, not really end, but the end for Sunday):
We got a ton more done on Sunday than we did on Saturday. Saturday everything just seemed to get messed up a bit here and there, and it made everything SO. SLOW. But Sunday we had only planned on building the wall and getting the electrical outlets wired. We didn't plan to get drywall and mud done, but we did and it is starting to look AMAZING!
My kitchen is going to be fabulous.