Thursday, September 2, 2010

Answers

A few days ago I got a few good questions to answer, so I'm using them to make a post! I didn't make it to 20 for August, but maybe I can for September.

magnolia (it takes everything in me not to capitalize this...) asked:

money is no object, nor is time. where are you going on your dream trip? what are you doing when you get there?

Well, magnolia, it would be a four-phase trip. First would be a tour of Scotland etc., to see all the castles. I would also go visit Nessie. I probably would spend mucho $$ to get non-English food, because I hear their native foods are...well, disgusting.

Second would be a trip south, through Rome (where I would stay for a few days and see some of the really old, really pretty stuff) on my way to Egypt.

Egypt. It's somewhere I've always wanted to go. I would grease a few palms to make sure I could get up close and personal into tombs and other restricted areas...people generally let you do more when you give them money. I'd also hire a bodyguard. I'd also buy a million presents for all my friends and family (and myself!).

Next would be the trip through Central and South America: after I've seen Egyptian tombs and pyramids, then I want to go see the more amazing Mayan and Incan pyramids, you know, the ones so deep into the jungle you need a skilled and experienced guide to not get lost and die. A significant amount of money would be invested in this guide and, once again, a bodyguard (it's getting scary down there) (terrorism sucks!), as well as bug spray. LOTS of bug spray.

The last phase would be Alaska, in the fall so the snow begins but it isn't the dead of winter with no sunlight and happiness. I would want to see glaciers and polar bears and...um...I don't know. What else is in Alaska? All I know is that it's gorgeous there and I would love to go again sometime, in a tourist capacity. I would definitely need to cool off after traipsing through the jungle.

Kim asked:

1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
Well, Kim, I wanted to be a fashion model. Look how well that turned out. As soon as I had a reality check though, I've always wanted to be a scientist, and secretly a singer.

2. What made you fall in love with your husband?
So many things! The previous "serious" relationship I had had went south for a number of reasons, but one of them was my ex's arrogance. He was in love with himself. Scott is nothing like that, which immediately attracted me. He's adorable. He is reliable and completely honest. He's the most selfless person I know, and he would do anything to make me happy. I think the biggest thing was that he made me want to be a better person.

3. What's your favorite book?
I know I should say something like Vanity Fair (which I detested) or Pride and Prejudice (which I do love), you know, something that would make me look well-read and elegant, but I'm going to have to go with the Harry Potter series, the Chronicles of Narnia, and the Lord of the Rings (along with the hobbit). It's a tie.

4. When do you normally go to bed?
I usually get in bed around 8:00 and read or surf the internet or watch videos with Scott until 9:00, then I try to sleep.

5. You get to meet a celebrity--who is it?
Honestly, I wouldn't really want to meet anyone. If it were someone I thought was really cool and talented or attractive I would just be kinda awkward and I wouldn't want to be one of those people who fawns over celebrities. That being said, I wouldn't mind having lunch with Mike Rowe.

2 comments:

Kim said...

A fashion model, huh? I can honestly say I never wanted to do that. It's probably the one thing I didn't want to be, seeing as I wanted to be about a hundred things as a child.

magnolia said...

hee hee. respect the lowercase. :)

that sounds like one hell of a trip. mine would involve a lot more beaches, and thus a lot more sunscreen.

incidentally, my parents went to england five years ago. daddy said that the food was surprisingly good, though perhaps excessively boiled.