Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blue! Ice Cream! Not blue ice cream.

Last night we stayed up way too late, and then after we had stayed up way too late, we remembered that we were going to do my hair. We did, which resulted in being up really late, and we kinda got a second wind, and ended up in bed, side by side, with two laptops (also there are two computers in the basement plus another laptop, and also on the night stand next to Scott there was another small internet-PDA thingy, plus we had 3 cell phones and 3 or 4 mp3 devices...we may need an intervention, because we just ordered another laptop, for me, it's pink, I'm in heaven, the end.). Scott was YouTubing and I was reading on because Heather is a freaking amazing GENIUS and I can't put it down.

Anyway, the other day we went to Wal-Mart, because it's got everything and we're simple folk, and we looked at the cameras just to see what they had, and there was a nice 10 megapixel with all these bells and whistles for $109.00. Magic! So we bought it, and someone (cough Scott cough) hasn't put it down since. Hence the YouTubing last night. He's made lots of videos, and we are now chronicling everything photographically because, well, because we can.

So, of course, we chronicled the dyeing of the hair.

This is me washing it out in the sink. Unfortunately, since we are new at owning a camera, we forgot the part where Scott had me bend over and put all my hair in my face, and he spent probably ten minutes trying to get every last blond hair away from the black hairs because of this whole OCD thing. We also forgot the part where he had put the dye in and he was trying to clip it up so it wouldn't stain my neck and everything else blue, and the clippie thing flew out of his slippery dye hands and landed in the toilet. So in lieu of a clippie thing we marched downstairs and put foil around it and then scrunched it up and then I held it there while Scott fished the clippie thing out of the toilet and cleaned it THOROUGHLY because eww, then clipped the foil to my head somehow, and at that point I was standing in the bathroom using the blow dryer to put heat on it and since I didn't want to stain any of my clothes I was just wearing a towel, which kept falling off, and eventually I got sick of putting it back on only to have it fall off two minutes later, so I gave up and just stood in the bathroom naked, with foil all over my head and a blowdryer. Magic.

So back to the rinsing out part. That was cake after the rest of the fiasco. Here it is after rinsing and before becoming a normal-looking human being again. In order to isolate the blonde streak in the back we had to put the rest of my hair out of the way and that meant in my forehead like some kind of a freak unicorn. And P.S. by this point I had put the towel back on, so this picture is not naked.
Here is the finished, dried result. I like it very much. It is more teal than blue, but that's ok. The neat thing is, it only shows when my hair is up, so if I need to look nice I can just leave my hair down. Now I was working on Mim's socks, or sock I should say since I suck and still haven't even finished the first one, and I was absolutely sick of it because if I hadn't needed to frog them fifteen hundred times I would have been done by now. So, I switched gears and began playing with my rose-colored cashmere blend laceweight yarn. I had made a scarf from it months ago and never posted a picture because I am lazy and forgetful, but anyway I wanted gloves to go with it, so I messed around and in two days (I forgot how much FASTER I crochet than knit)I had these. They are very delicate and beautiful, but just warm enough that I will not get hot and have to take them off, and then get cold and put them on again in an endless stupid cycle. I also decided to make them fingerless since I do everything with my hands and once again I hate having to take them off and put them on again to do something with my fingers, so voila!Now, our two year wedding anniversary is coming up on Monday, and we decided to celebrate this weekend since we don't have time to really do anything during the week. So Scott took the day off and I took half the day off and we planned to go to Maddox, which is this amazingly super awesome restaurant in Perry, which is like an hour and a half away from our house. So the plan was for me to come home early, change and shower so I not only looked like a person with normal clothes (as opposed to the giant tee shirts and nasty baggy jeans I wear to work because I don't like wearing a lab coat and also don't want to ruin any of my nice clothes) but I also wanted to smell like a normal person who didn't work in a place that smells like weird vitamins and acid. Then we were going to drive up there early so we could eat a bit earlier and beat the rush and still be able to get home in time and go to bed somewhat close to our normal time because we are OLD PEOPLE. Then Scott's work decided to explode and they needed him all day. We found that out on Thursday. Now, it wasn't in any way shape or form Scott's fault, but I still made him make it up to me by taking me out to dinner Thursday AND Friday night, and then Cold Stone after. So here, in all its glory, is the whole reason I am glad I have been married for two years: Ok, not the WHOLE reason. Not even close. Scott is amazing to me and to be with. I could never have asked for anything or anyone better ever. He understands me, knows how to deal with my disease, and makes me feel like a person, a person who is real and worth something. He tells me I am beautiful and means it, and somehow he knows when I need to hear it. He is adorable and accepting, kind, generous, loving, protective, selfless, and as devoted to me and our marriage as I am. Simply amazing.

The only thing left is to leave a picture of Buster, because he's so freaking adorable I can't help it. Why aren't you giving me people food? Don't you love me?

Yes, but not enough to clean up your diarrhea after I let you eat my anniversary ice cream. So GO AWAY and stop sniffing it. Go eat your own food, fatty.

No comments: