Tuesday, November 10, 2009

To Blog Or Not To Blog

So when I started this blog I wasn't sure what my intent was. I thought maybe I would write about my feelings. Maybe I would write prose. Maybe I would rant. Maybe this, maybe that.

So far it has been things that happen, general complaints, funny stories, interesting things I found on the internet...well, you've read it.

But there are some things that I would like to talk about, but am afraid to because I might offend someone, or because I'm afraid someone might judge me and stop talking to me because I'm such a heathen (it's happened before, you know).

Here are some examples:

My in-laws
...what if they stumbled across this blog and got all offended and hated me forever and the world ended? My mother-in-law is particularly emotional and I would actually feel bad if I made her cry.

How I'm crazy and such
...people view mental illness differently. Some people understand that it's a disease, caused by a chemical imbalance, just like cancer or diabetes, but some other people think...well, they think you're just crazy. Which is true. But it's because of the chemicals, and they don't understand that. It's hard to explain. It's hard to talk about openly.

Why I'm not Mormon anymore
...when Scott decided to leave the church some of his friends completely alienated him and he's sometimes lonely because of it. I would like to think my Mormon friends aren't like this, but you really never know.

Why I decided to not have children
...there are very valid reasons. Including not wanting to die. And DUDE, children are sticky. And LOUD.

There are many others, I'm sure, but these are just a few I've been mulling over lately.

No comments: