Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

We went to Scott's family's house for Thanksgiving dinner. I like traditional Thanksgiving food.
This was NOT traditional.

I almost threw up.

But, we went down to Mim's, and on Friday we had turkey and mashed potatoes and fruit salad and cranberry sauce and rolls, etc. All well done. As in, not nasty and definitely cooked all the way through.

And that's enough of that.

Buster is getting used to our routine here. We're making progress training him and he's just a really sweet dog.

At work I have free time while things are running and I can't just leave the instrument because every time I do, it decides to quit on me. So, no leaving. So, I brought crochet: I found some cashmere blend, blush colored thread on eBay (I LOVE eBay). It looks more white here, but it's a pretty shade of pink, I promise. Here it is so far:
I want to lose weight. I bought Slim-Fast at the store today and so we'll see if that helps. I'm tired of not fitting into pretty clothes. I hate that they don't make pretty bras my size (unless you go to Lane Bryant, in which case you might just have to sell a kidney to afford one). Mostly, I hate that I hate looking in the mirror. I'm really pretty when I'm skinny...I just haven't been skinny in a long time, so I'm having a really hard time with the self-esteem thing right about now. I ate salad for dinner.

No comments: